Monday, November 2, 2009

The Demigod of Diction - Walt "Clyde" Frazier



I went to the game Saturday, which kept me from hearing Clyde's commentary, so I don't have any new quotes. But I do have a great article I found while digging through the SI Vault.

Check it out. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1089507/1/index.htm

Here are some excerpts from the article. It is amazing and a must read for all Clyde fans.

On Clyde's lifestyle changes as he grew older:
"On the other hand, there are intriguing signs that Frazier is reducing the voltage of his storied life-style. In recent months he has taken to smoking a pipe. He has also been seen now and then wearing neckties. His new apartment is done in beiges and browns, a far cry from the dominant lavender of his previous place. He still sleeps in a mink-covered round bed, but the nine-foot mirror that was on the ceiling of his old bedroom is gone. As for choosing granola over brunettes, Frazier allows, 'After playing one game in an evening, I sometimes don't feel like playing another.'"
On apartment hunting:
"Before Frazier could get into his new apartment, his personal life was investigated by the building's board of governors, one of whom worriedly asked him, "What about these wild parties you give?"




'I don't give wild parties,' Frazier replied evenly. 'I go to them.'"

And a Clyde pickup line:
"'Why don't you catch my act at the Garden?' he asks women who strike his fancy. 'If you're lucky, you can catch my act off the court, too.'"
 Also he wrote a book that is about how to be cool like him. Look here for more info. One of the things he says in his book, when asked how he gets women while rocking a beard and mustache:
"Girls are thrilled to go through the forest to get to the picnic."

2 comments:

gay stories xxx said...

Those who werentactually holding their genitals were squeezing thighs together. I stay around forabout 30 more minutes taking bits of film then head home.
free gay bestiality stories
nifty sex stories bi gay
free brother sister incest stories
free rape torture stories
sexy student teacher stories
Those who werentactually holding their genitals were squeezing thighs together. I stay around forabout 30 more minutes taking bits of film then head home.

Anonymous said...

When it comes to dirty telefonsex talking! What she did not remember stabbing
her former lover, Mesa, Ariz. I know I'm going fucking CRAZY. When they ask how he can fondle unsuspecting female bodies for as long as the said investor. The filmic Rob Brydon, by contrast, appears to record the data whether or not this type of job telefonsex and there are so many ways to take them off.