Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thoughts from Bobcats Tragedy

  • Jared Jeffries picked up a bunch of charges, and leads the league. He flops more than professional soccer players.
  • Gerald Wallace is the antithesis of Jared Jeffries. Jeffries gets easily knocked over from minimal contact, Wallace plows guys over with maximal contact.
  • Doing what they do best.
  • The Bobcats jersies have really stupid collars that don't go all the way around the neck

Who designed this?
  • Danilo "Dikembe" Gallinari had 2 blocks in just 21 minutes last night. He is averaging 1.5 blocks and 1.3 steals per game in December. Who says he is just a glorified Wally Szczerbiak?
  • I love Mike D'Antoni, but why can't he play Gallinari for 36 minutes per game? Or throw Toney Douglas some minutes when Hughes and Duhon begin to falter.
  • Jonathan Bender is only 28. He is 7 feet tall and has been training with an olympian high jumper for a long time. I am drinking the Bender Kool-Aid right now and can't wait to see him in action.
  • I said to myself heading into the fourth quarter "this is one of the games the Knicks usually blow, but they are different now." I guess I was wrong.
  • Jeffries for 3!
  • JJ was +15 on the game and Gallo was the only other Knickerbocker in the positives with a +2. Hughes and Al were -15 each and Wil was -14 despite playing well.
  • 43 turnovers makes for some ugly basketball. Gotta take better care of the ball.
  • I hate when Eddy Curry is in the game. It is like telling the opponent "ok we aren't trying to win for a few minutes, we need to force it to Eddy so we can showcase him for a trade." Winning should be the top priority.
  • The Bobcats don't have many fans.
  • The Knicks have been playing a lot of zone. I personally hate playing against a zone, and it is amazing to see how much trouble NBA teams have against the Knicks nebulous 2-3/3-2. Jeffries is the crux, his length and agility up top can close out on shooters, disrupt passing lanes, and come with the help block.
  • Duhon missed 2 out of 3 foul shots and Gallo missed 1 of 2. Rare.

3 comments:

KnicksfanPSN said...

for some reason David Lee doesn't play defense I Love how he watches Felton dribble for 5 seconds before he realizes that he's going for the layup which is unacceptable

KnicksfanPSN said...

David Lee isn't playing with the same passion he had before from last season when he wanted a new contract someone needs to tell him to start hustling again bring some energy to the team

Danny said...

Hey, i'm a big fan of your blogs and I added your blog to my feed on my site- knickstop.blogspot.com. I was wondering if you can do the same for me.

Keep writing you have good stuff.