Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lebron Day Diary

July 8th 2010. 8:02 PM: Today's date could be looked back upon as the day LeBron James signed for the New York Knicks. Think about that for a second. A New York Knicks dynasty could begin in an hour. The excitement at the garden on opening night will be unprecented. With LeBron, Amar'e, the Rooster, and Ill Wil as the top 4, the Knicks will perennially win 60 games and contend for the title. This is the most important day of my life...

The word on the street is that LeBron is going to the Heat, and MSG stock prices are tanking. I do not believe any of the rumors, because yesterday everybody said it was probably going to be New York. The modern sports media means we get rumors from anonymous sources that are very often not true. Every team has been rumored to be in the lead for LeBron at different points in this search, which may be a media ploy to keep every teams hopes up and thus keep viewers interested. I like twitter because you get a more personal relationship with the players, but I hate it for all the rumors that it leads to.

Despite the Miami talk, my gut says he is going to be a Knick. Broussard says 80% but says his gut says Cleveland. He basically just admitted his sources are not reliable and he thinks it will be Cleveland. Ugh i wish it was 9:09! Mike D'Antoni is on a plane, but he probably has Wifi and will be watching ESPN3.com or at least he will be actively emailing. Donnie Walsh quipped that he is going to be watch a movie, but his blackberry will be buzzing right after the announcement.

Right now I feel optomistic, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The possibility is good enough for me right now. If it doesn't happen, we will move on and try to build a playoff team for the upcoming season. Sure it will be disappointing if the Knicks are shunned, and especially so if the Heat land LeBron. I still believe the Knicks will turn out to be a playoff team next year and Amar'e is capable of elevating his game for NYC.


This is the Optimistic Knicks Blog after all.

8:57 PM

Just went for a jog in Central Park. I couldn't just sit here and wait around for the announcement. Everyone apparently still says Miami, but my stance remains the same. My gut says LeBron still, but I'm getting a little sad thinking about the chance that me might say Miami or Chicago or Cleveland and not New York. If indeed the King says no to the Knicks, I hope at least he goes somewhere surprising like the Clippers, the T Wolves, or get sign and traded somewhere out of the blue.

9:00 PM OK shit shit gotta watch this it's starting. This is so lame I wish LeBron never did this stupid special. It is so dramatic but it is drama for the sake of drama. Maybe he is so undecided about what he wants to do, he had to set this huuuuge deadline to force him to make up his mind. Let's see what happens, the announcement should come within 10. My head is going to explode.

9:13 PM

They said the announcement would be at 9:10!!! Ugh dirty rotten liars! This better not drag on for much longer. I can't stand all these predictions. Broussard is waffling saying his mind says Cleveland, his sources say Miami, ugh. This is lame, but the big M Night Shyamalan twist is coming up!

9:18

Jim Grey and Lebron! Here come thes big...vitamin water commercial with headless LeBron! F! The announcement must be soon, ESPN be damned.

9:22 No more Stuart Scott please...

9:23 How is Jim Grey asking LeBron any questions besides "What'll it be LeBron?"

9:26 This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. These questions should be for after the reveal, not before. He has to answer everything without spilling the beans...F this.

I hope he picks the Knicks!

9:27 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

No comments: